This weekend there was a special video mapping 3D interactive projection at Praça do Comércio.
It was the largest 3D projection ever in Portugal! The area where they had it is a famous square along the river. It has a nice view of the Christ statue and bridge. It is a popular area for tourists as there are many nice restaurants, gift shops, and a market. It was an art project put on to celebrate Easter.
I absolutely love it because kids were the artists. Everything was so cute and colorful.
The presentation lasted about a half hour and I liked it so much that I watched it twice.
There was no speaking in the presentation, just music. The words below would just show up
between shows to attract bypassers.
The words above say "Spring is beautiful."
During the changeover times, children's quotes would
show up on the screen. Spring truly is beautiful & I was
very happy because it had been pouring rain all day,
but it stopped raining just in time for the show.
My friend and I sat on the ground & ate popcorn as if we were
watching fireworks. The square is a nice large area, but the only downside
is that there are no chairs or benches. Everywhere I go, I have a very
hard time finding benches. I always find myself allover town
and in situations where I need to wait for my friends & there is never
anywhere to sit down.
Here are some the pretty views from the shows.
Here is a picture I took facing toward the projector. I like this picture because you can
see what it looks like at night. I really like it here and I live in a great location because
it's only one metrô stop away from where I live, or one bus ride. The blue lights
are the projector and the show was put on with two projectors. I like how this picture shows the wet ground as it had just rained, the lights, and even nicer, the castle in the background, up on the hill!
This was my favorite children's quote. It says on Easter, he likes to eat chocolate.
Each child talked about their traditions or what they liked about spring. Although
it missed the true meaning of Easter and Christ's resurrection, obviously I understand
that this was commercial so none of the kids quotes were about Christ.












No comments:
Post a Comment