I don’t think it’s a coincidence that fish and Peniche
rhyme. Considering Peniche is an
important fishing port, you can only assume how fresh their fish is. Not only is it fresh, but it’s also an
affordable price. We ate at the
best restaurant in town and had a full course meal for only 10 euros. It included drinks, bread, salad, fish,
potatoes, and dessert! They serve the fish of the day. You can see my delicious fresh catch
below. Because I love seafood, it
is one of my favorite parts about living here. There is seafood everywhere and in every meal. For example, at school, I can get a
meal for only 2 euros, including a drink, soup, bread, fish, salad, and
dessert! I am sure going to miss
eating fish so often, for so cheap and so fresh. Although their most famous
fish isn’t seen on this plate, their most famous dish is bacalhau, or
codfish. The Portuguese say there
are over 365 ways to make bacalhau, one for each day of the year. I can testify that I have eaten this
fish in more ways that I ever knew possible.

No comments:
Post a Comment