This last week my friend ordered a coke and to my surprise was given this can I had never seen before! I was very excited about the can, and realized I had yet to try the coca cola here. That is essential when traveling because it is interesting to see how different products are tailored to different countries. I came to the conclusion that the coca cola here is much sweeter than american coke. Since I'm a sweet tooth, I did not have a problem with that, except for the fact that coke is already unhealthy so I can only imagine how healthy it must be with even more sugar. Although the flavor was fun to try, I was more interested in the cans! As you can see the cans are slimmer than in the U.S.A. but I loved the artwork on them. They are so unique to Portugal. The next day, I came across this advertisement for the cans! I had already saved my can & put flowers in it to decorate my plain dorm room. The three cans show different Portuguese monuments. The red can has the Pena Palace on it that I have been to in Sintra. The other two monuments are the Convento de Cristo, which is a catholic building in another city of Portugal, and some prehistoric paleolithic rock art. These cans are exclusive to Portugal and can only be bought in restaurants and cafes.



No comments:
Post a Comment