Here is another Portuguese band. The name of the song is "Oxalá te vejo." This means "I hope that I see you." Oxalá is a word I learned here that I never heard in Brazil. In Brazil, they use "tomará."Oxalá is a word used here in Portugal that comes from Arabic origin, that literally means "God willing." This is because, as we understand a bit of Portuguese history, we see that over 700 years ago, Portugal was ruled by Muslim Arabs, and thus influenced the Portuguese language. In this music, we can see the Portuguese guitar being used, just like in fado. (A portuguese guitar is one in which has 12 steel strings that are plucked, two strings at a time). Also, this band created a new genre, called the "Taska Beat." Once again, there is fado influence but with a new updated beat that you can dance to. I really like the way it sounds.
No comments:
Post a Comment