15 April 2013

Illegal Chinese

This is the famous "illegal Chinese restaurant" 
in Martin Moniz. I had heard about it from so many
different people that I had to try it out for myself.
So the "restaurant" isn't actually a restaurant, but
it's the apartment of a Chinese family.  They do not
promote their "restaurant" nor is their a sign in front.
They get customers through word of mouth.  My friends
told me when I get off the metro just to ask any young people
where it is and they could give me directions.  This was true, 
but only the young people knew.  It's a fun place for college
students to go to have a funny experience and eat some good
Chiense food.  As you can see below, it really is just an apartment,
nothing special.  The daughter who was about 5 years old let us in
and seated us haha.  We got there around 6 o clock & I thought 
this must have been a joke.  However by the time we ordered our food, 
the house was packed with people and with people waiting in line 
to be seated.  
 They serve 80 different dishes and one of the traditional dishes is this below,
which is duck tongue.  It really did taste like fried chicken except the bones,
were actually cartilage and I wasn't sure how to eat it at first.  Also, the texture
you have to get used to.  Although this food or restaurant may not look too
appetizing, don't be deceived because the food was really great, I just forgot
to take pictures of my other plates.
 A few of the duck tongues after.
 Here is the restaurant located on the top floor of an 
apartment that sits in the middle of a hidden alleyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment