I apologize last week for not blogging.
It was carnival break, thus we had a week off of school!
For break, I actually went to France so it wasn't very
applicable to my Portuguese culture blog,
however here are a few pictures before I left.
Here are the dorms where I live. They are the university
dorms, except they are a 40 minute commute to school
everyday! It's a 10 minute walk to the metro station,
another 10 minutes on one subway, another 10 minutes
on the second subway, and last another 10 minutes
to walk from the metro station to school! The dorms are
quite neat, because they are what used to
be the 17th century Santos-o-Novo Monastery.
They are in a beautiful location as well overlooking the Tigus river.
Might I add that I only pay 200 Euros a month, everything included.
It's a great deal and cheaper than what I pay at home.
I have two roommates, one from Italy and the other from Czech Republic.
We all have our own desks, dressers, and we have our own bathroom.
Besides the commute to school and the lack of heating, it's been a
nice place to live so far.
No comments:
Post a Comment