This is MUDE, the museum of design and fashion. It is in Baixa Chiado and the best part about it is that it is free! Here is a lips couch that I thought was appropriate for Valentines day.
Right now there is a fado and fashion exhibition going on. Fado is a popular style of Portuguese folk music. To what I have seen, it looks like you can make a reservation on any street corner to dine to some live fado music. I would assume the best place to hear fado would be in the narrow streets of Bairro Alto. In this genre of music, the lyrics are sad and melancholy. Sometimes, they can be accompanied by classical guitars or mandolins. Below is a dress that was worn by a famous fado singer, Amália Rodrigues.
Here is an example of her music.
Here is the museum
Here is a cute car, a 1959 BMW
Izetta, also known as the bubble car.
It was produced in Post WWII.


No comments:
Post a Comment