Once again, I did not blog this week, due to the fact that I was in Madrid, Spain. We went on a stake temple trip. The temple was a spiritual uplifting experience of course and very neat because I did ordinances in three different languages! (Spanish, Portuguese, and English). I am now back in Portugal and sightseeing once again.
This is an important building in architecture,
because it was one of few buildings that
survived the earthquake of 1755.
Here is the Pantheon, also known as the Church of Santa Engrácia. It was a church in the 17th century, but now the Pantheon. They still hold church services however, as I went on a Sunday, we could hear the music.
Many important people are buried here as you can see.
Also, a famous fado singer is buried here.
Here is a view from upstairs.
Here is the view from the top! It is located in the nice Alfama.





No comments:
Post a Comment