21 March 2013

International Chocolate Festival

This last weekend I went to the chocolate festival!
I was so excited. It lasted for a few weeks,
but last week when I was planning on going, 
it was cancelled for the rain! However,
this week I was able to go the last weekend
it was open, the perfect reward after taking
a finance test at 9am in the morning and 
studying all week! Here is a chocolate cake
at the cake exhibit, clearly inspired by Willy Wonka.




 My entrance ticket to the chocolate festival!
 It is an annual event held in Óbidos, an old
medieval city.  It was a fort so the city is 
surrounded by castle like walls.  It was very pretty!
We also received a free chocolate bar! 
Thanks so Nestle who was the sponsor this year.
I heard last year Disney sponsored it, so I was
a little bummed I missed out on that.



 Here is Claudia, my german friend, and I enjoying some hot chocolate.
This was before we tried more chocolate including chocolate cheese and chocolate pastries etc. 
Unfortunately my phone died right after I got there, so I have very few pictures.

 Here is the cute chocolate festival. 
 As you can see, its on a hill and the surroundings are gorgeous.
It was refreshing to be out of the hustle and bustle of city life.
 Unfortunately as you can see, it was very crowded.  I guess that's what we get for going the last week it was open and on a weekend.  Also, I wish the chocolate river were to have been real! But it was a fun event, and I wished I could have stayed longer.  Although it was probably a good thing that we had to pay for all of the chocolate so I didn't eat so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment